Sunday, February 27, 2011

Life as I know it

I realized after looking at some of my postings that many of you may think that there is more than one person writing this blog.  Let's face it, how can one person write about Point Break, Lucite Grapes, and Sho-Nuff: the Shogun of Harlem, and then translate the Didache from Greek and delight in a biography of Jonathan Edwards (I don't think Jonathan Edwards would have enjoyed "Weekend at Bernies").
Do I struggle with split personalities?  Possibly.  Am I a complicated man? Absolutely.
This blog is about life as I know it.  And life is full of ambiguity and complexity.
I was raised in a trailer park, but I love impressionist and expressionist art (especially Van Gogh).  I love Ratt and Motley Crue, but I also love to translate Greek and Hebrew (often at the same time). 
Life is never simple, and there is always more than meets the eye.
So let's revel in our weirdness.  And if you enjoy George Jones and Alic Cooper, you are in good company!

No comments:

Post a Comment